Also available on Apple Podcasts.
For November we’re releasing not one but three episodes, a three-parter on the Red-Brown Zombie plague – the infection of far right ideas on the left. For the first part, we’re interviewing NZ-based socialist Daphne Lawless on Red-Brownism, then a Romero Living Dead series retrospective, plus a review of zombie game The Last Of Us by guest Radiculture. Enjoy!
- 4.25: Recs
- 7.03: Furious Political Thought – Interview with Daphne Lawless
- 95.39: Romero Retrospective + Last Of Us review from Radiculture
- The Red-Brown Zombie Plague: How fascist ideas are becoming popular on the left, article by Daphne Lawless on Fightback (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- Against conservative leftism: Why reactionary responses to neoliberalism fail, article by Daphne Lawless on Fightback
- Who Ruined Zombies, video by ScaredyCats/ScaredyMatt on YouTube
- The Multipolar Spin: How Fascists Operationalize Left-Wing Resentment, article by Alexander Reid Ross originally published on the Southern Poverty Law Centre
- An Investigation Into Red-Brown Alliances: Third Positionism, Russia, Syria, Ukraine and the Western Left, article on Ravings of a Radical Vagabond
Romero Retrospective zombie movie recs:
- Romero Living Dead series: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), Day of the Dead (1985), Land of the Dead (2005), Diary of the Dead (2007), Survival of the Dead (2009)
- Train to Busan (2016, available on Netflix)
- Seoul Station (2016)
- Ojuju (2014, available on kweli.tv)
- Rec (2006)
- Diary of the Dead epilogue (YouTube)
- Various (including closing track Alone), by Tryad
- Various, by Lakey Inspired
- Dreams, by Joakim Karud
- Creepy Hallow (lost track of artist name – if you know please tell us!)
- Infiltrators, by Nathaniel Wyvern
- Distant Star, by Thundermine
- Brush Filter Beat, by therealtheremin
- Night of the Living Dead closing credits music, by Ogre & Dallas Campbell
Sound effects by Micronin, ALC31180, freethinkeranon, lensflare8642, gevaroy, pdeelke, dvideoguy, nigelnix, Patrick Lieberkind, bmusic92, viznoman, lwdickens, bernuy, adam-n, hykenfreak, inspectorj, adnova, kingsrow, osiruswaltz, iamgiorgio, ehohnke, kinoton, rolleanderson, kyles, luke-harris, thatSFXguy, CMIUC100
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.