This month we interview Robert Cuffy on the triple crises of US Capitalism: Covid-19, the Floyd Rebellion & economic recession. Robert is a revolutionary socialist who is a co-founder or the Socialist Workers Alliance of Guyana. He lives in Brooklyn, works in Child Welfare and is a rank & file member of DC37 local 371 and is also part of the Afrosocialist caucus of the DSA.
Hosted by Derek Johnson and Ani White. Edited by Ani White and Lidia Grigorut.
- Recs: 3.43
- Interview: 18.27
- Drawing the Color Line, Chapter 2 from Howard Zinn’s People’s History of the United States
- See You Yesterday, Netflix original film
- Replay, S1E3 of Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone
- New York’s Queer Liberation March Was a Reminder of Why We Need to Abolish the Police, article by Lucy Diavolo on Teen Vogue
- Barr’s New Task Force Is a Blatant Attempt to Target Racial Justice Protesters, article by Chip Gibbons on In These Times
- Black Lives Matter: We Remember George Floyd, article by Robert Cuffy on Transnational Solidarity Network
- Mistaken Identity, book by Asad Haider
- The Revolutionary Answer to the Negro Problem in the US, article by CLR James on Marxists.org
- Race and Class in Guyanese Politics, speech by Walter Rodney on youtube
- On the Attack on Robert Cuffy at the Mass March to Defund the NYPD, statement by the Solidarity National Committee
- Transnational Solidarity Network
- Where’s My Jetpack, by Radio Free Babylon
- Geek’s Hotel Mixtape, by lofi geek
- Distant Star, by Thundermine
- Better Days, by Lakey Inspired
Please support our project at patreon.com/jetpack1917
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.