Content warning: State and military violence, including that against women and gender minorities.
On the 10th anniversary of the Syrian Revolution, we interview exiled Syrian-Palestinian scholar-activist Razan Ghazzawi.
Hosted by Derek Johnson and Ani White. Edited by DJ Panda.
- Recs: 1.50 approx
- Interview: 7.10 approx
- Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War, book by Leila al-Shami and Robin Yassin-Kassab
- The Impossible Revolution, book by Yassin al-Haj Saleh
- The Syrian Revolution: Between the Politics of Life and the Geopolitics of Death, book by Yasser Munif
- Feminist Politics and the Syrian Revolution, webinar by the Alliance of MENA Socialists
- ‘Russiagate,’ Syria and the Left, article by Terry Burke with the Committee in Solidarity with the People of Syria (CISPOS) in Minneapolis, reprinted on CounterVortex.org
- Pro-Assad Lobby Group Rewards Bloggers On Both The Left And The Right, article on Bellingcat.com
- Women of Syria: Unheard No More, documentary by Amnesty International
- Omar Aziz: Syrian Anarchist, article by Leila al-Shami reprinted on CounterVortex.org
- Where’s My Jetpack, Radio Free Babylon
- Waltz in the Moonlight, Tryad
- Moonlight Sonata, Beethoven
- Swim, NV
- Piano tracks by Lucas King and Mattia Cupelli
Syrian revolution samples:
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
If you can, please support our work financially at patreon.com/jetpack1917