The idea of a middle class has popular currency, with everyone from factory workers to millionaires self-identifying as ‘middle class.’ Meanwhile, the concept of a ‘Professional-Managerial Class’ has recently gained currency on sections of the left.
But are is there a middle class? Is this the same thing as the ‘petit bourgeoisie’, or the ‘Professional-Managerial Class’? What might the answers to these questions mean for those of us who aim to challenge class society?
Derek and Ani discuss. Edited by Lidia Grigorut.
- Resenting Hipsters, article on Jacobin by Peter Frase
- The PMC meets the Tucker Carlson Left, article on Libcom by Comrade Motopu (a review of Catherine Liu’s Virtue Hoarders)
- Identity crisis: Leftist anti-wokeness is bullshit, article on Libcom by Mike Harman
- Reading Caleb Maupin’s “Satan At The Fountainhead”, video on youtube by Curio (with That Jess, Thoughtslime, and We’re In Hell)
- Are Tankie Politics Racist, transcript of a Where’s My Jetpack discussion with Gayaal Iddamalgoda
- No Gods No Masters, album by Garbage
- Recs: 02.00
- Main segment: 17.10
- Where’s My Jetpack by Radio Free Babylon
- Geek’s Hotel Mixtape by lo-fi geek
- Various by Lakey Inspired
- Distant Star by Thundermine
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
If you can, please support our work financially at patreon.com/jetpack1917